Liposuction was the only real option to spot reduce fat, but now patients have more options than ever. From surgical to completely non-invasive, patients have several options when looking for body contouring.
- Radio frequency (RF) energy is used to break up fat from the surrounding tissues. A combination of internal and external temperature monitoring provide extra safety and the RF stimulates collagen growth for added skin tightening. Most patients can return to work and regular activity within a week.
- Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Malcolm Paul says, "This is the only technology that can simultaneously dissolve the fat cells, coagulate the blood vessels - so that there's less bleeding and bruising - aspirate the fat that is dissolved and tighten the collagen from the skin down to the muscle."
- This treatment is not yet approved by the FDA for use in the US.
- Using non-surgical technology, two ultrasound heads send energy to the skin, killing fat cells and stimulating the growth of new collagen. Once the fat cells have died, they are naturally flushed out of the system. Patients can see results in as little as one treatment but most patients have a series of 6 treatments, around 40 minutes each.
- "Vaser Shape stands out because it produces great dramatic results with inches lost sometimes with the very first treatment," says Dr. Marie DiLauro.
For more information see:
Lose Body Fat with Liposuction Alternatives - Part 1
Lose Body Fat with Liposuction Alternatives - Part 2