Early this morning, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) announced the annual statistics for 2009, revealing which procedures are most popular. It is important to note that the society states "Despite Recession, Overall Plastic Surgery Demand Drops Only 2 Percent From Last Year"
- Breast Augmentation - Improving the bust line is still a popular procedure, despite a sagging economy. Women have more choices than ever before, with new techniques resulting in better feeling, more natural implants and quicker healing.
- Liposuction - Sculpting the body by removing unwanted fat has never been easier than now. New laser lipo and ultrasound assisted lipo options are available which make the fat easier to remove, and allow for superior sculpting with less pain and downtime.
- Blepharoplasty - This eye surgery is a relatively inexpensive option to take years off your face. Opening your eyes to the world makes you appear more youthful and vivacious.
- Tummy Tuck - Those who have lost a significant amount of weight or had a child are often familiar with the loose skin and fat that follows. A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, can remove that excess fat and skin and greatly improve your profile and self image.
- Facelift Turn back the clock and beat back the aging process with a face lift. Unpleasant wrinkles and fat are removed to reveal the beautiful face you left behind.
- Botox - This injectable has grown to a customer base of over 2 million per year as women return for their anti-wrinkle treatments. Using a refined and diluted neurotoxin, Botox relaxes the muscles, nearly erasing fine lines.
- Hyaluronic Acid - HA injectable fillers like Juvederm and Restylane attract water and plump out the treated area to diminish the appearance of wrinkles, and are often used to fill out the lips.
- Laser Hair Removal - As treatments have become more efficient and less painful, more and more patients are flocking to medical spas for laser hair removal treatments.
- Microdermabrasion -A technique used to resurface your skin through the removal of the dead outer layer of your skin. Using something similar to a fine sandblaster, the surgeon will spread tiny crystals over your skin. A combination of gentle abrasion and suction will allow the dead skin layer to lift and reveal younger, smoother skin below. This new layer is free from both effects of the sun and age.
- Chemical Peel - These treatments rejuvenate and bring about new skin growth, resulting in loss of age spots and sun damage. The treatments are very cost effective and offer a significant bang for your buck.