A new year means you may want a new look - preferably one that is refreshed, more youthful appearing and with less wrinkles and lines. If you've gone the BOTOX route and either liked it or had a negative side effects with it, there is a new botulinum toxin available that may be a better option: Xeomin. As seen on The Doctors, Xeomin is the newest competitor to BOTOX and Dysport, botulinum toxins used to address wrinkles in the forehead, frown lines and Crow's Feet.
Actual Xeomin ResultsImage Courtesy of www.thedoctorstv.com
According to New York board certified dermatologist Dr. Neil Sadick, "The major difference is in the manufacturing process, all proteins are removed from this product so theoretically, there are less incidence of adverse events that could occur on this toxin, compared to the other two available."
- There are over 3 million toxin treatments performed a year to treat wrinkles and lines in the United States alone
- Xeomin works similarly to BOTOX and Dysport by paralyzing the muscle beneath the skin
- Unlike facial fillers such as Juvederm or Radiesse, where results are immediate, Xeomin takes up to 7 days for maximum results
- Similar to BOTOX or Dysport, Xeomin results last between 12-16 weeks
- Most patients will undergo botulinum toxin treatments twice a year
- Patients who have experienced adverse side effects with BOTOX or Xeomin may fare better with Xeomin, as it is stripped of all proteins and contains only pure botulinum toxin
- For patients who have built a resistance to BOTOX, Xeomin may be another avenue to address wrinkles and lines.
"The results in my hands at least, show that patients are extremely happy and gives you very natural effects and like other toxins, there is a low side effect profile," describes Dr. Neil Sadick.