Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is the strategic removal of follicular unit (groupings of hairs, one's, two's and three's) grafts, and is of great interest to those interested in surgical hair restoration. The procedure used to be very expensive because when performed correctly, it is very labor intensive. As Dr. Anthony Youn demonstrates on national TV Show, a new device is speeding up that process.
Recently introduced to the US, a European product known as the NeoGraft promises fast and efficient FUE hair transplant procedures. Dr. Alan Bauman, a top U.S. medical expert on hair loss and restoration for men and women says "Yes! Patients demand FUE and request NeoGraft by name." He says, "The major advantage of any FUE procedure is the lack of a linear scar."
FUE with NeoGraft Results of Dr. Alan Bauman
According to Dr. Bauman, the key other benefits of FUE surgery performed with NeoGraft are:
- Least invasive hair transplant available
- No linear scar where the donor hair was harvested
- Shorter, more comfortable recovery
- Very short haircuts are possible after surgery
- Greater accuracy means fewer transections and therefore more hair per graft
- Transplants roughly twice as many hair grafts in a single surgery as the previous manually-performed FUE surgery
- Greatly reduced activity restrictions postoperatively (great for athletes)
- FUE can be used to fill in old linear scars