Tune in on December 12, 2018 to see the Viveve System featured in a The Doctors TV episode.
The Viveve System is a cryogen-cooled monopolar, radiofrequency (RF) device that delivers heat energy to heat vaginal tissue prompting the production of new collagen.
American Health & Beauty has detailed information on 12 different non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation devices and over 1,000 providers who offer them. We always recommend multiple consultations with different doctors to determine what will be the best solution for you and if you are a candidate for the procedure.
Last week, Viveve Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIVE) released the results of a 12 month stress urinary incontinence study conducted by Dr. Bruce Allan, PhD, MD, FRCS(C), in Calgary, Alberta. The study showed positive 12-month data from an investigator-initiated, single-arm, 12-month feasibility study using its cryogen-cooled, monopolar radiofrequency (CMRF) technology platform for the treatment of mild-to-moderate stress urinary incontinence (SUI) in women.
The summary results were:
- 72% of patients treated experienced an improvement from baseline in the 1-hour Pad Weight Test at 12 months;
- A greater than 50% reduction in the 1-hour Pad Weight Test was achieved by 52% of patients at 12 months;
- 60% of patients experienced significant benefit as they had ≤ one gram of urine leakage in the 1-hour Pad Weight Test at 12 months;
- A clinically meaningful benefit was achieved across all patient-reported outcome measures (SUI symptoms and quality of life) at 12 months (n=25); and
- No device-related safety issues were reported for any of the patients.
The Viveve Treatment was formerly known as Geneveve.
*individual results vary