Photo rejuvenation is an aggressive medical skin treatment to reverse the signs of aging and thereby improve the health and vitality of skin. Photo-aging results in age spots, actinic keratosis, wrinkles, broken capillaries, blotchy skin, and hyper pigmentation. Most patients wish for easy yet effective solutions that do not disrupt their busy lives. Clinical advancement and sophisticated laser systems offer new treatment options. Photodynamic therapy is an exciting new medical procedure that opens the door to a new FDA approved era of non ablative laser and pulsed light treatments. This therapy combines the application of a photosensitizer (5 ALA, or Levulan) with a laser pulsed light, with dramatic improvements and little downtime or discomfort. Side effects include mild sunburn for 1-2 days with rapid recovery and no risk of scarring. This treatment's main advantage is that is has multiple medical and cosmetic applications. The ideal candidate for photo rejuvenation has sun damaged skin, actinic keratosis, rosacea, acne, acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, moderate wrinkles, enlarged pores, or poor skin texture. Following treatment, skin is smoother, softer, and even toned. Acne diminishes or disappears, and pores are smaller. Results often exceed people's expectations.Request a Consultation
Nuveau Medical Aesthetics
• Specializing in Botox, dermal fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse), moderate to severe acne treatments (without using Accutane), & laser skin resurfacing
• Procedures performed by medical director, Christine S. Cheng, MD
• Elegant, private medical spa facility conveniently located between River Oaks, Montrose, Midtown, Downtown & The Heights
• Individualized care including a complimentary one-on-one physician consultation & skin analysis with digital photography using both visible & UV lighting
• Full compliment of non-invasive medical treatments & medi-spa services incorporating the latest & most advanced technology designed to achieve the results you expect
• “Liquid Face Lift” provides immediate and lasting results that could delay or replace expensive surgical alternatives
• Texas’ exclusive provider of SkinPrint® physician-grade prescriptive skincare products – custom formulated specifically to meet the needs of your skin
Dr. Christine S. Cheng is a board certified physician who is devoting her full-time practice to aesthetics and wellness medicine. Always artistically and musically inclined, Dr. Cheng graduated with honors in Piano Performance at the University of Texas in Austin while completing her pre-medical studies. She then attended the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, where she received her M.D. degree. Dr. Cheng obtained her post-graduate medical training in Houston, Texas with the Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program. Dr. Cheng is a graduate of the Ageless Aesthetic Institute. She trained under Dr. Sharon McQuillan, whose expertise in Botox, injectable fillers, and cosmetic laser procedures are world-renowned.
Dr. Cheng has worked with patients of all ages and from all walks of life. She has served as a clinical professor, with appointments from both the University of Texas Medical Branch and the University of Texas at Houston Medical School. She is also an active member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, the Texas Medical Association, and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Since her decision to leave music and the arts to devote her career to medicine, Dr. Cheng has continually sought to integrate her artistic talents and the appreciation of beauty into her practice. She firmly believes in the strong connection between the art of beauty and the science of wellness, and constantly strives to inspire and help her patients to live up to their fullest potential.