Rather than trying another cream or heading to the dermatologist's office for facial fillers, try these foods, recently featured on the Dr. Oz Show, which have been shown to be effective for keeping your skin cells looking full and firm.
- Guava - Packed with 4 times the amount of vitamin C as an orange, the guava fruit helps build collagen in the dermis to plump out and tighten the skin. Other foods like broccoli and red pepper are rich with vitamin C as well.
- Tuna - This fish contains omega-3 fatty acids which have been shown to help lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and raise good cholesterol (HDL). It can also help fight UV related cell damage and provides niacin. Niacin deficiency can cause skin rashes.
- Wheat Germ - Zinc is the operative mineral in wheat germ. Zinc is necessary for the creation of new skin cells, and works as an anti-inflammatory. New studies are also showing that Zinc may help reduce acne.
- Brazil Nuts - These delicious treats are packed with selenium which aids in the production of a key anti-oxidant that helps repair cell damage and slow the skin's aging process. Only 2 a day are needed to get a great benefit.
- Romaine Lettuce - Leafy green vegetables are a good source of vitamin A which helps to improve the cell turnover and improve new skin cell growth. Other good sources of vitamin A include spinach and collard greens.
- Tomatoes - Lycopene is found in tomatoes and other red vegetables and fruits like watermelon and papayas. It's been shown to aid in the prevention of heart disease, cancer, and high cholesterol. Lycopene also works as a natural sun block to help prevent sun damage.
Prevent aging from the inside rather than just applying creams and relying on laser treatments. The sooner you begin caring for your skin the better so make a list and head to the grocery store to keep your skin beautiful.