Summer is here and that means more than just bikini season, it's also a great time for a wedding. Beginning on May 31st, wedding season runs through the end of September and is the most popular time of years for weddings, with June being the most popular month. Summer weddings mean pictures of you in a strappy dress, so follow these tips to be the hottest one there, except the bride of course!
- Armpit fat - Even some thin women have that dreaded small fat roll just on the outside of the bra, at the armpit and if you're wearing a sleeveless or strapless dress, the eye is naturally drawn to that area. For most, there's no amount of exercise that can make that fat go away, so you may want to turn to your cosmetic surgeon. In a simple liposuction procedure, the physician uses a syringe to extract the fat from the armpit, making for a beautiful contour. The procedure doesn't require general anesthesia and is very quick. Most patients recover fast and are only required to wear compression garments for a couple of weeks.
- Cellulite Reduction - Shorter dresses are popular for bridesmaids in the summer, and while they typically don't go far above the knee, if you have cellulite on the backs of your calves or perhaps showing just a little bit at the thigh, you may want to look into a cellulite reduction procedure. New non-surgical procedures like Reaction by Viora and Velashape use radio frequency waves and tissue manipulation to tighten skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite. Both require several sessions, so get started right away.
- Laser Hair Removal - You can most likely expect to be showing at least a little bit of leg this summer, so why not keep it as smooth as possible with laser hair removal. Don't forget the underarm either - everyone will see your armpits in that strapless dress, so make sure they are clear and smooth. New lasers offer a faster, more effective, and less painful experience but you will still need to have multiple sessions before you see the final result. At this point in the summer, it's a little late to see the final results, but your hair will be thinner after only one treatment and easier to shave.
- Botox - If you're worried about lines and wrinkles, Botox can greatly reduce their appearance, helping to take years off your face - but what if it's not your face you're concerned about? Botox is also used to reduce sweating in those with hyperhydrosis, or excessive sweating. No one wants to see the bride come down the aisle with pit stains, so stop them at their source. The Botox toxin blocks the nerves at the sweat glands, producing less sweat and preventing embarrassing sweat marks.
- Varicose and Spider Veins - New treatments are out there to significantly improve the appearance of those wavy blue lines on your legs, and fast. Laser treatments are available for both varicose veins and spider veins that work by delivering heat to the veins, causing them to collapse. There is even an option for varicose veins to have the laser fiber threaded through them, collapsing the vein from the inside. Injectable medicines are also available that irritate the lining of the vein so that the vein closes and blood is directed elsewhere.
If your refrigerator is full of Save the Dates for the next few months, taking advantage of these aesthetic treatments can give you the confidence you need, whether you're walking down the aisle or sitting in the audience.