When you can't hail a cab in New York, you know it's Fashion Week. That, or there is a another Madonna Farewell Tour going on. Bryant Park is tethered off, big white tents are set up and big men with clipboards are guarding them as if the Pope was in there.
Kim Kardashian at Fashion Week
Well, even the Pope has to buy tickets to Fashion Week.
Every year in spring and fall, Fashion Week takes over New York as entire nation of women eagerly await what will be considered hot, if she can actually wear that, even if they're not built like Heidi Klum or Kim Kardashian. Sadly, this year's Fashion Week kicked off with the sobering news that bad boy British designer Alexander McQueen passed away at age 40. But in true McQueen style, the show did go on and continues to do so.
American Health and Beauty discusses with Dr. Raminder Saluja what fashions and trends are going to be in and what minimally invasive procedures you can have done to really rock the new looks of 2010.
A Return to Femininity
Asymmetrical necklines that subtly expose just enough of the neck and d'colletage
We Like Short Shorts... In Winter
- This part of the body is prone to photo damage which could present itself in degrees of pigmentation, textural irregularities and laxity issues.
- The Affirm Fractional CO2 laser diminishes pigmentation and wrinkles. Applied externally, the laser stimulates natural collagen production to produce tighter and smoother skin.
This provocative style pairs winter shorts with opaque hose and ankle wedge boots or thigh-high boots. To create an edgy tailored look, add a cinched jacket.
Get Ready, Get Red!
- The emphasis is on legs, legs and more legs here. This style can be intimidating if your thighs are on the dense side.
- SmartLipo Laser Lipolysis: The laser seals blood vessels as it is liquefying the fat deposits so there is less bleeding, bruising and swelling. With easier recovery than traditional liposuction, SmartLipo is performed under local anesthesia and there is little to no downtime.
Wave good bye to sticky lip gloss that is dangerous to any loose hair, 2010 is all about a perfect red pout. Red lips represent passion, strength of character and vitality. The contrast between crimson and porcelain white teeth can make any smile a smile to remember.
While this is just the tip of the proverbial Fashion-and-Trends-of-2010 iceberg, one thing is certain: the must have accessory in the upcoming year, that complements every wardrobe, will be an aesthetic laser procedure.
- While lips should be the emphasis in this trend, the bold red may also emphasize the red broken blood vessels on the face. Over time, blood vessels around the nose become more prominent from sun damage, hormones or even from underlying issues such as rosacea.
- Intense Pulsed Light Therapy, or IPL, diminishes the appearance of broken capillaries, freckles, redness, and minor sun damage by emitting high-intensity pulses of light to the skin.
Dr. Raminder Saluja is the medical director of Presbyterian Cosmetic and Laser Center where she performs a multitude of aesthetic laser procedures for photorejuvenation, skin tightening, vascular lesions, hair and fat with laser lipolysis assisted liposuction. In addition she does sclerotherapy and injectables.