While it's hard to believe that January is already behind us, Punxsutawney Phil leaves us with no doubt that February is here. January is always a big month for American Health and Beauty. As the holidays fall behind us, people look to the new year and their resolutions and decide that it's time for a change... enter AHB.
This month, we experienced 51.8% more traffic than in December. People are looking for change, and while we don't offer advice on how to save more money, or fit in more time with family and friends, we can advise you on how to look and feel your best. Here are the top 5 procedures you wanted to know more about to kickstart your best year yet:
- Thermage from Solta Medical - Radiofrequency energy heats the deepest layers of skin, thus tightening existing collagen and promoting new collagen growth. Treatment typically takes 30 to 90 minutes depending on how much area is being treated. With no injections or incisions, there is little to no downtime and results can be seen within 3 weeks. Thermage CPT, the latest release of Thermage technology, has sparked new patient interest. It offers the same benefits but without the pain it was notorious for.
- SmartLipo from Cynosure - A precisely calibrated laser at the end of the cannula liquefies fat deposits through a small incision. The laser ruptures the fat cells and is then removed through the same incision. Since the laser seals blood vessels as it is liquefying the fat deposits, there is less bleeding, bruising and swelling than traditional liposuction. The newest version, SmartLipo Triplex takes laser lipo to the next level with three wavelengths for blasting the fat and tightening the skin.
- Permanent Makeup - Similar to tattooing, designed to benefit anyone who wishes to have a natural enhancement to their appearance without the use of makeup, permanent makeup is much like a tattoo. There are many uses for permanent makeup including eyebrows, eyeliner above and below, eyelashes, lip lines, full lip color, scar camouflage, beauty marks, or as an imitation of hair.
- Botox from Allergan - Using a form of the botulinum toxin, the most popular non-surgical aesthetic procedure is injected into facial lines, and those muscles are paralyzed, making the wrinkles invisible. Results last for three to eight months and are visible within a few days after treatment. This year, Botox was met with its first real competition in Dysport.
- Laser Hair Removal - Permanently reduce the amount of hair growth by killing the hairs where they start, at the follicle. The latest treatments have greatly reduced the discomfort of the procedure and have improved the amount of hair reduction and procedure time. This is a great time to have hair removal performed because it's important to stay out of the sun, so get the hair removal done in the winter months and enjoy it in the summer!
Thank you for helping us kickoff this year with such a bang!
Rankings are based on procedure traffic from over 150,000 consumers.