So you know what you're going to get your kids for Christmas. Your boss is getting a regift from last year. And your mother is getting that cashmere sweater she's been eyeing for months. What to get that special someone in your life? What if he already has a permanent sweater?
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), men accounted for 13% of all cosmetic surgical procedures performed in the United States in 2008, and 9% of the cosmetic minimally invasive procedures. And these numbers are only going to rise as "getting work done" is no longer considered taboo and men realize that in today's competitive environment, looking their best is advantageous to their careers and life.
While plastic surgery procedures are still predominantly performed on women, here are the top five surgical and top five minimally invasive procedures that are on men's wish lists:
Top Five Surgical Male Procedures
1. Rhinoplasty What man hasn't broken his nose in a childhood injury and secretly wishes they had a straight nose again?
2. Eyelid Surgery Droopy eyelids make your man look like his Grandfather Pappy - open his eyes up to a more youthful appearance.
3. Liposuction Love handles are called that for a reason, but do you really love them? Does he? That stubborn fat that won't budge regardless of diet or exercise can now be removed through a myriad of new liposuction options.
4. Breast Reduction It's never good when your man has bigger breasts than you. Enough said.
5. Hair Transplants
Women want to move their fat around to different parts of their bodies. Men want the hair of their youth - on their heads, not their backs.
Top Five Minimally Invasive Male Procedures
1. BOTOX Maybe he won't look like an angry Shar-Pei anymore.
2. Chemical Peel Years of no sunblock plus sun exposure equals Leatherface. A chemical peel could turn back the clock by smoothing out the skin.
3. Laser Hair Removal Sweaters should come off at some point - and aren't you tired of shaving his back because he can't reach? Laser hair removal is a permanent option.
4. Laser Skin Resurfacing Using a carbon dioxide laser, skin is tightened and since it penetrates the deep layers of skin, it promotes collagen growth. And what guy doesn't like lasers?
It's like sandblasting for your face. That's all you need to tell him.
Now you know what to get the man who has everything. Just phrase strategically, men have feelings too (so we've heard).