The strategic removal of follicular unit (groupings of hairs, one's, two's and three's) grafts, known as Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is of great interest to the those inquiring about surgical hair restoration. The procedure used to be extremely labor intensive when performed correctly and therefore was a very expensive alternative to traditional methods.
Earlier this year a European product, NeoGraft, was introduced to the United States promising fast and efficient FUE hair transplant procedures. Can the Neograft deliver? Dr. Alan Bauman, a top U.S. medical expert on hair loss and restoration for men and women says "Yes! Patients demand FUE and request NeoGraft by name."
"The major advantage of any FUE procedure is the lack of a linear scar," said Dr. Bauman, "(NeoGraft) triples the speed of extraction allowing 2 to 3 times as many grafts in a single session."
According to Dr. Bauman, the key benefits of FUE surgery performed with NeoGraft are:
- Least invasive hair transplant available
- No linear scar where the donor hair was harvested
- Shorter, more comfortable recovery
- Very short haircuts are possible after surgery
- Greater accuracy means fewer transections and therefore more hair per graft
- Transplants roughly twice as many hair grafts in a single surgery as the previous manually-performed FUE surgery
- Greatly reduced activity restrictions postoperatively (great for athletes)
- FUE can be used to fill in old linear scars
Dr Anthony Youn, a board certified Plastic Surgeon discusses the NeoGraft technique on national TV Show this Friday, September 25 and contrasts it with the linear or strip method to highlight the favorable features of the NeoGraft.